Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My mall revelation...

Today, Nate and I went for my 6 week checkup...can you believe it's already been 6 weeks??? I know..crazy, right? After my appointment, we ran to the mall to take back a shirt that Jared had bought for Sam (Texans of course). Below is the thought process that I encountered while I pushed a stroller/ate in complete silence in the food court:

1. Wet Seal? Is that store still open? I don't think that store will ever be in my "body type" anymore. Is that a mom pushing her stroller in there? Dang it...I'm jealous she can still shop there. Will I ever be able to wear non stretchy clothes again? Do I want to? No...not really.

2. What are all of these kids doing out of school? Is this normally what the mall looks like on a weekday? Good grief....someone should talk to their mommas.

3. I wonder if The Children's Place is having a sale? Sam really needs some winter clothes... and a winter coat for when it eventually gets cold...and some nicer shirts to wear to church. Is this what it's like being a parent? Never shopping for yourself? Well if it is...that's okay. I'm in sweat pants most of the time anyways.

4. Victoria's Secret....you girls make me sick! Even though you have your little flat tummies, I have stretch marks and two beautiful boys to show for it...so stick it! Was that unchristian of me? Probably so...but there has to be a positive outlook on my body that has not returned to normal yet. It happened so fast with Sam. Why is it taking forever to return to normal this time??? Ug..so annoying.

5. Am I officially a grown up? This feels pretty grown up. I'm not enjoying the stores, the amounts of people, oh but did I mention how I enjoyed eating by myself? Well not technically by myself. I ate with Nate. But he was a silent partner. And it was bliss.

Yeah...I'm thinking I've entered into some new strange territory. It's called parenthood. It's weird. I'm not sure where I fit in...certainly in the clothing department. Hmm...just some random thoughts that revealed a lot more to me than probably you.

3 comments:

  1. That really makes me laugh! We went somewhere the other day and I asked Doug why are all these kids here don't they have school??? HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written EVERY ONE of these! Oh, and a crowded mall? Good grief! I have a mini panic attack! I'm crouched over the stroller like a mama bear--- and don't you dare run my baby over! :)

    Clothes that fit? Non-stretchy clothes? What's that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I better work harder at the sweat pants...I go back to work in two weeks and those are definitely not dress code!

    ReplyDelete