Tuesday, September 6, 2011

L-O-V-E

Nathan Daniel Hollier- August 26, 2011 7:41 am

I John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us."


Confession Time. Before we had Nate I was really scared about one thing. What if I didn't have enough love to go around? That sounds silly, right? I mean, millions of people have more than one child and they don't seem to have trouble with loving each child enough, right? It's impossible to know exactly how you'll feel BEFORE you meet your little angel (boy or girl), but afterwards is when the amazing thing takes place. When you have one child it's overwhelming how much love fills you and just how quickly. I instantly fell in love with Sam and that love has only grown with time. It's been the three of us for so long...what if there wasn't enough love to go around? Would I have to split my love in half? So many questions I just didn't have the answers to...until I first laid eyes on Nate. Immediately, I fell in love all over again. And I didn't have less love for Sam. I just had the same overwhelming love for another little boy. That kind of love...overwhelming, consuming, make you weep, love only comes from the Lord. There is nothing in me that is good enough or holy enough to have that kind of love. What I have to offer only comes from the love I've first received from the Lord. On my own, I've got nothing. But because of the Lord's great love, I'm able to love. And that is amazing. God is so good to allow us to take part in such a wonderful experience. He doesn't have to let us experience all of this goodness...but He does. And for that, I'm truly overwhelmingly grateful.

~Elizabeth




1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Elizabeth! Give Nate the Great a hug for me and I hope to maybe meet him when I come visit Jasper later on! :)

    ReplyDelete