Saturday, September 10, 2011

Momma's gone!

My mom left today to go home. :( Now it's just me and Jared. I'm quite scared if I must confess. Jared keeps reminding me that we did this for a week before she got here, but he was home and I was pretty much incompetent. I couldn't sit up by myself and I could barely walk. Now Jared's gone back to work and I can get up by myself but the walking is still not back to normal. I'm ready to be able to do things like go walking, but it just is harder this go round. So the fact that I'll have two boys to watch by myself scares the living daylights out of me. Do people do this all the time? Yes. Do other people survive? Yes. But I'm still scared. Sam is pushing the limits BIG time. He does enjoy being the big brother helper and he LOVES Nate. He is always hugging and kissing him. But...he has his moments. I feel like I have to do the "1, 2, 3" business more times than I want to in a day. I feel like we're in this constant state of time outs. Although when my mom had to put him in timeout today I thought he was going to die! We're trying to potty train, too...which is not going so great either. I feel like there's just a lot of changing and adjusting still going on and I'm ready to feel "normal" (whatever that may be) again.



So here's to starting the week as a mommy of two boys...by herself. When you think of me or my husband or our sweet children...please say a prayer. I will survive, I know. But I'm just a little scared so far.

4 comments:

  1. I remember those early days like it was yesterday... You will indeed survive and live to tell about it! Praying for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! Don't sweat the small stuff...it will always be waiting for you! These are the sweetest days! And as far as you feeling better....don't push....I did and still have some trouble with my incision ...take it easy...rest when the baby does and relax and take in these moments! In five years you'll look back and be glad that you did. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to do great, sister! I love you so much and am so proud of you! I'm praying for you to relax and not stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to read your blog as well Liz! I am horrible at keeping in touch but social media sure helps out. :) I have always thought that the moment the doctor hands me that newborn I will just FREAK OUT. What am I supposed to do with this little person?? Haha...you are doing such a good job with Sam and I know this little guy will be wonderful. Praying for your little family!

    ReplyDelete