Thursday, August 25, 2011

New beginnings

Sam on his first day of preschool


It seems like here lately we've been going through a lot of "firsts" in our house. First day of preschool and tomorrow will be the first day of having "the boys" instead of "Sam". Jared and I were talking about this as we drove down to Beaumont today. I can't believe that tomorrow I'll be a mother of two boys! Just last week I turned 27 (30 is quickly approaching). Some days I feel like we're still in college dating, but alas we're in this grown up life of ours...you know: mortgage, jobs, kids, car notes, insanely high electric bills, blah blah blah. How did this happen? WHEN did this happen? It seems like I just blinked and I'm an adult. Some days I'll be honest, I hate it. I hate thinking about bills from month to month or job security or all that other grown up stuff. But most days, I wouldn't trade this stage of life that we're in for anything. I love being a mommy (granted it is one of the hardest things in this life). I love teaching him new things and also hearing the things he comes up with on his own...especially this new imagination stage he's in! I love sharing my life with Jared and it's crazy to think we've known each other for almost 10 years! We're just starting a lot of new stuff and it almost feels like a new chapter in the story of our lives (is that too cheesy to blog??? Oh well...) Either way, it's exciting all this new stuff. I can't wait to meet our newest little boy tomorrow, I can't wait to see Jared hold him, or to see Sam's brain wrap around this thing called Nate that we've been talking about for months. I'm just full of emotions right now. Ready for another new beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Sam has gotten so big. I didn't realize it until this morning in church & I've also realized I don't get to spend enough time with him. I love you guys & wish we lived closer so we could let the boys play more often. (Let Sam see his "Bra'ley") Holler if you need help, I'm only an hour away! ;)
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete