Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

With the baby countdown under way (5 weeks to go!) it's becoming more and more uncomfortable. So I'm reminding myself of all the things I'm thankful for! Join me in counting your blessings today...even amidst trials.


1. Two great friends who've been helping me get my room packed, moved, unpacked, and set up. Without them, I probably would have already had Nate that's for sure!


2. A GREAT night's sleep! No leg cramps, no potty breaks, no contractions. It felt awesome! Thank you Lord for granting me the rest I so desperately needed.


3. My baby "sprinkle" coming up this Saturday. Mexican pot luck, couples game night...what else could be more fun?!?!


4. Getting to see Jared for a little while on Tuesday. He's been at GA Camp all week as their camp pastor and I've been missing him like crazy! I went for a visit on Tuesday, but I still can't wait for him to come home tomorrow. Our house is just not the same without him.


5. Dinner with friends last night. Love that God has blessed us with such amazing friends. I also love that Nate was wide awake and moving for them to feel! :)


I challenge you to think about and let others know what you're thankful for. It's really easy to get in a funk or to go through difficult times and not be able to see God's blessings all around. STOP and THINK right now of one thing to be thankful for today and share that blessing with someone. You never know....your perspective might be the only God-glorifying thing someone hears/sees today.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment