Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nate update/random ramblings

One of the biggest questions I get about being pregnant (after the whole...go through the heat of the summer business) is "Is Sam ready to be a big brother?". And I always respond the same way..."He doesn't know what's about to hit him!" It's true. He has no clue what Nate means. He knows that Nate is in Momma's tummy, but he also thinks that Nate is in his tummy, and Daddy's tummy, and a lady from our church's tummy too! It's been really sweet here lately because my belly is getting SOOOO big and at random times Sam will come up and give Nate a gentle kiss or he'll say "tickle tickle tickle" and tickle my belly. He's just now starting to realize how to be easy and gentle and it just melts my heart. In my head I wonder...what does he really understand? There's no way he could possibly fathom a baby growing in my belly. But I wonder, what is he going to think when he meets Nate for the first time? He is going to think to himself..."THIS is Nate???? Boy did I have it all wrong!" Haha. I kid around, but at the same time I'm serious. We've got seven weeks left to get into gear as I've been telling myself and it just doesn't seem real. Summer is completely flying by and before you know it, the school year will start back up again. Ugh. Not ready for that, but I know with a new year comes a new baby! I'm so ready. I can't even begin to explain how ready I am. I just wonder if Sam is too.

1 comment:

  1. How incredibly sweet! I use to love it when Mason would do that with Morgan when I was pregnant with her! He even refused to call her Morgan when I was prego, he called her Bella & there are still times that he calls her his baby bella! Its so sweet how big brother's are with their babies!

    ReplyDelete