Saturday, April 23, 2011

Update through pictures

Night time reading...usually done by Momma, but here lately he's "reading" on his own. It's the cutest thing to see!


Completely destroying his room....daily. Sam LOVES to play with his blocks and basketball...as you can see. This is a glimpse of his right before bed playtime.

I can't even describe how much this little guy means to me. He is so funny and is learning more everyday. At 20 months he is:

*speaking in sentences ("I fall", "Fix it", etc.)
* learning shapes (circle, star, heart, triangle)
* "working" on colors (everything is blue at the moment)
* counting (1,2, 5!!!!)
* learning that manners like please and thank you can go a long way
* climbing everywhere!!!! (like trampolines and chairs and tables...not cool)
* learning and loving sports (baseball, basketball, and his most recent golf)
* loves talking on the phone and even calls the phone "hello?"
* throwing fits when told no :(
* very passive towards others his age (will let others take his stuff and not snatch it back)
* prays: Jesus, thank you. Amen (before meals) and Jesus, I love you. Amen (before bed)
* loves reading his Bible and going to church
* points to Momma's belly and says "baby?" (also did that to Jared so we're still working on learning who can and can't have babies)


I can't imagine what my life would be like without this little man and can't imagine how crazy life is going to be with another little man coming soon.

Nathan Daniel is growing and doing great. He's not quite the mover and shaker that Sam was at this point, so I'm praying that he is going to be a more mellow boy than my crazy monkey now...though I wouldn't trade him for anything.

We're still trying to sell our house and have found a cute house in town that we would love to buy. I'm praying that our house would sell before the summer so that we could get everything settled in before school starts back and Baby Nate comes. Would you join me in this specific prayer request too? I know that God has taken care of us this far, and will continue to do so.

We still haven't heard anything else about my job so far. I'm not sure when we'll find out any information, but I know that all will be fine. That feeling of peace in and of itself is a huge answer to prayers. Knowing the type of person I am, and knowing that I'm not stressed right now is only evidence of the goodness of God. I think that about covers everything for now. Just wanted to share some fun pictures from our house on a regular night. Fun times in the Hollier's house!

1 comment:

  1. just read your last 2 posts. Awesome news about your job. Sam is a cutie. And I'm excited to see how little Nate will be too! I wish we more of friends in real life. I think we could talk for hours!

    ReplyDelete