Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lessons Learned about God's Provision

When I sit down and think about all the Lord has provided, just in this week alone, I am absolutely blown away. I don't know what the future holds for me, whether it be having a job next year or not, but I can say that the Lord is certainly teaching me to trust in Him for all things and that His plans completely outdo what I could ever dream up or imagine for myself or my family. Here's just a few things that God has provided this week: 1. Our tax guy called Jared and told him that he and his wife felt so bad about what's going on with the teachers in our area that they would mail off our tax stuff and we could pay them whenever we could. That doesn't happen everyday I imagine....for them or us. Wow. That was a HUGE blessing considering that I've already gotten $700 worth of medical bills from when I was in the emergency room arriving daily. 2. I talked with our benefits gal at school because I was concerned about losing my insurance before the baby was born. The c-section is scheduled for August 26 and they usually keep c-section babies/mommies for 4 days. That puts me leaving to come home on August 30. Guess when my insurance would end? August 31. Yep. Some people would say that's cutting it too close, but I know that's God continually reminding me that He's got this all in His hands. 3. We were given a truck. Did you just read right over that??? WE WERE GIVEN A TRUCK!!!! Jared's pastor growing up gave us their other truck! And I don't mean, here's a clunker you can drive around town. It's a nice truck that has a back seat (which has been a big deal for us since Jared has been driving his dad's truck which doesn't have a back seat). This verse came to my mind when I was telling a friend of mine all the things that God had done this week....and it's only Wednesday! Malachi 3: 10~ "Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." T hat is exactly how I feel right now...like God has opened the floodgates of heaven and He's pouring out his blessings and PROVISION on our little family right now. I don't know if that means that He's letting me know that He can take care of us if I don't have a job next year or if He's teaching me to remain faithful to Him that He will provide. Either way, I'm trusting that God has this all in His Hands. And to be quite honest...I'm learning more each day that there's no better place I'd rather be than in His capable, loving hands. ~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing testimony, Liz! God is Great! When I got laid off last year, I had no idea what was going to happen. I came home & told Brady (who was laid off at the time) he had to go to work. & a year later, we are actually paying bills off instead of creating more. God is Great! & the more I learn to lean on Him, the more I appreciate all that He has given me. - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful and encouraging to read, Elizabeth. Thank you for your words! Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete