Saturday, April 30, 2011

God is Good!

I found out on Thursday that I will have a teaching job next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY thankful but it was a hard day. Thursday I got good news, but six teachers at my school didn't get good news. They found out that they wouldn't have a job next year. So even though I was relieved, thankful, excited and all other emotions, I was also filled with sadness for some very sweet people who are now facing some tough decisions. Please continue to pray for them. While I rejoice every time I think about it, I also pray for them that God would give them wisdom, peace, and His provision. He can and will do that, I know.


Right now we're at home enjoying a relaxing Saturday because Sam has come down with hand foot mouth disease otherwise known as hoof and mouth. He started running a high fever on Thursday and broke out in a mild rash, but by Friday the fever was gone and the rash was out of control. My poor Sam was covered from head to toe in the awful rashes and bumps. I immediately wanted to take him to the doctor because 1. I'm an over protective worrier of a mom 2. Somebody's got to give him something, right? Well...apparently there's not a whole lot you can do but let it run it's awful course. We got up Saturday and Sam was back to his normal, crazy self. He's still got a rash but it's starting to get better. I didn't feel like crying when I saw him today so I think we're on the up and up. Monday we go back to our regular pedi for a checkup and to check on his ears from the double ear infection he had two weeks ago and now to check on this too. Boy...this kid is keeping us on our toes for sure!



Baby Nate is also growing right along. He's moving a lot more but usually at night when I lay in bed and in the mornings when I'm getting ready. During the day, he seems to be pretty mellow. Don't know exactly what all that means, but I'm curious to see if his temperament is already forming. I go for my next checkup on May 23 and can't wait to schedule our 3D ultrasound! I haven't had as many ultrasounds this go round and the more pictures the better! It's an amazing miracle God performs when He knits together a baby in a mother's womb. Quite breath taking when you sit back and think about it.


We were supposed to have a house showing on Thursday, but the couple was a no show. A little nerve wracking but I know that our house will sell in due time. I'm praying daily for it to sell before school gets out so that we'll have the summer to settle in before Nate gets here.



Well...I guess that's about it for now. We're rocking and rolling and gearing up for the summer! Can't wait to start swimming lessons, see my sweet nephew (and sister and BIL), and soak up the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment