Friday, March 25, 2011

Watch what you say...

This being Friday, and my first full week back since posting all of my positive choices I was going to make after Spring break, I feel the need to give you a little update and a word of advice.

1. Watch what you say. :) When I talked about making choices about my attitude and the things I can control, I had no idea what the devil was going to throw at me this week. Here are just a few of the things....having rumors flying from many people about you resigning from your job (I felt a little like I was back in middle school dealing with rumors again...haha), getting a bulleted lengthy list of all the things you're doing wrong at your job, getting ready for MOCK TAKS. And that's just naming a few. This week I had plenty of opportunities to choose to either a. make the best of my job and be thankful I still have one or b. get angry, quit, and eat green beans in a tent.




So I chose a. And there's no way I could've done that without the help of a couple of pretty special people. One is my partner teacher, Becca. She's been teaching for longer than I've been alive, literally. You wouldn't know it by looking at her beautiful skin but she's been in the "biz" for a long time. I look to her for a lot of guidance. One of the things she always says is "All is well." Today she told me that "where two or more are gathered in His name, He's there". There are two of us, so we know that we can bring Christ into our classrooms. :) Just the encouragement I needed. My second special friend is Bridgette. She came up with the great idea that every month on the 25th (payday) we'd get together just the two of us for catch up, girl time. Boy am I ever looking forward to this! What a great friend she is, and I'm so excited for our monthly date. Yes, when you are full time mommy, wife, teacher, etc you don't always get weekly girls night outs so I'll settle for monthly ones. Two very special people who God has placed in my life for "such a time as this" to give me the encouragement I needed. So thankful for those two ladies. And those are just two of the many to name a few. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment