Thursday, March 31, 2011

And Friends are Friends Forever...cue Michael W. Smith music

This past weekend I had the JOY of getting to hang out with my roommate/best friend from college who is now a missionary in Africa. She had been there the last several months and we keep up via blogs and facebooks, but there's nothing like face to face conversations. Even phones can't put a price tag with being face to face. Sharing dinner and life. I can't even begin to explain how blessed I am to have met Sandra. We met whenever we found out we were going to be roomies our freshman year of college. I called her (and thought that Sandra was an old person's name...judgmental 18 year old? yes.) and we chatted about what we'd bring into our dorm rooms, but nothing too deep. Little did I know how much God was going to use her as my best friend for life. Sandra is one of the most godly servants I know. She is constantly looking for ways to serve. She stayed at our house on Monday while we were at work, and I thought to myself..."Good. It will be quiet. She can take a long shower. Watch t.v. Sit on the porch. " You know...things you don't get to enjoy while in the jungles of Africa. In Sandra's mind, she wanted to clean my house (which I quickly shot down) or make us dinner (which I accepted). Wow. If it were me, I would just want to relax. She's also one of those best friends that you rarely get to talk to, but when you do, it's like no time has passed at all. Those sweet friendships are few and far between. I'm so thankful for the time I had with her this weekend and for the impact she has on the Kingdom....both here in the states and in Africa. God, thank you for my sweet friend Sandra. She's such a gift from you. Thank you for teaching me how to be a better servant through her example. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment