Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Big News

The news is out...well to those who have email, facebook, skype, etc. We are expecting baby #2! After my miscarriage in June, I became very anxious about being able to get pregnant again. With Sam, everything was so easy and textbook. Not a worry entered my mind with him. I just prayed everyday and moved on. It wasn't until after he was born that I began to hear stories of pregnancy complications/delivery complications. Now with all the knowledge of what "could" go wrong, I found myself scared. I didn't know if I could get pregnant again. And if I could, who's to say I wouldn't miscarry again? It was a lot of anxiety. I finally realized that I just needed to chill out (that was right around December...when many people are not chilled out). A couple of weeks into the month Patty called me and told me she had had a dream that I was pregnant with a girl and didn't even know it. At that point, I wanted to be pregnant and had already taken two pregnancy tests that turned up negative. My body had all the symptoms of pregnancy that they did with Sam, but I thought that my mind was playing tricks on me. That I wanted to be pregnant so bad that I was making up the symptoms and looking into everything. Well....on New Years Eve day I decided I had had enough with the guessing game. I needed to know. And guess what? Yep. It was positive! I was so excited to finally have some relief! I wasn't crazy after all!

Now I'm about 8 weeks in...and feeling awful! I'm grateful for the awful feelings but ready for them to pass. With Sam I was sick for about 2 weeks beginning around week 12. It always hit right after lunch. This go 'round I'm nausous all the time and I'm dizzy from the medicine the doctor has me taking. I'm taking the same medicine I had to take with Sam, but for some reason the side effects are way worse! Not to worry...I'm praying and moving on! By the nurse's calculations my due date is around September 5. Sam and baby #2 will be a little over two years apart (just barely).

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this little one. Right now we're in the midst of praying for a couple who's baby will not survive. The brain and skull are not developed and will not develop. Hearing things like that makes me grateful for all that I have with Sam and all that I'm going through with this little one as well. Pregnancy is truly a miracle and gift from God! I'm praying daily for a healthy and growing baby. Would you join me in this too? I will certainly keep you posted and am so relieved that I don't have to lie (or withhold the truth) about what's going on with me. Most days, I don't feel like doing much. And Jared has been amazing already! I just hope I don't feel this bad the whole time....poor guy is doing EVERYTHING right now. He's the best, and I'm so blessed to be his wife.

I hope this answers all the questions and curiosities. We're so excited and can't wait to meet our little one. Sam is going to be an amazing big brother. I can tell already. He loves to help, and plays with little babies any chance he gets. Such fun times are awaiting. God is so good.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and praying for a health baby for you guys....I totally understand the emotional rollercoaster ride you have been on. But here we are after 2 heart breaks we now will have baby #2 in 7 day!!!! God is amazing.Let us know if you need any thing and I hope and pray this morning/all day sickness passes quick for you. Love Tracy Maines

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for sure! God is so good and His plans are always better than our own.... no matter how much we fight it! ;) So excited for you! I told Chad and he grinned really big and said, "That is AWESOME!" :-D

    ReplyDelete