Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pregnancy Update

I admit. I've been an awful blogger lately. I realize that some of you read my blog pretty regularly to keep up with the Hollier happenings, but I just didn't want to blog when I felt so awful....BUT I'm feeling much better these days so here's the preggo low down.
1. Went for prenatal visit on January 11. The nurse put me on a religious vitamin routine of B6, ginger root, and Pepcid AC to help with the awful, AWFUL sickness. That was on a Tuesday. She told me if I didn't feel like a new woman by Friday to call the doctor. Well Friday rolled around and I still was sick as a dog...I mean running out of my classroom people! If I were a stay at home mom I would probably make myself tough it out, but getting sick in a public school restroom is just gross. Call me a wimp. I don't care. Anyway, the doctor prescribed me the most angelic, holy, God given medicine called Zofran. And I've been a new woman ever since. Thank you Jesus!
2. Yesterday (February 7) I went for my 10 week visit with the doctor. The nurses tried to find the heart beat just like they tried with Sam and to no avail they couldn't find it. I will admit that a part of me didn't want them to find it just so I could get an ultrasound (for those who don't know this happened with Sam the first 4 visits to the doctor...I got lots of pictures!). I layed down and began explaining all this to the new nurses who had since joined the practice and before you know it they sent me to get an ultrasound! Yay! And that's what we saw! Our little one's heart beat was 173 and it was moving around like crazy! If we have to get an ultrasound next month when we go, the ultrasound tech said she'd be able to tell if it was a boy or a girl by then. So here's to me praying that this little one moves as much as big brother did! We're so excited and can't wait to find out what he/she is and welcome it into the family. I'm also very excited that I'm feeling better. I didn't have this trouble with Sam so this was quite unexpected and frankly unwelcome!
There's nothing like seeing your baby moving on that monitor. It's an undescribable feeling. The only word I can think of is "miraculous". There's nothing I could have done that would be good enough to deserve the honor of carrying and raising children. There is not a harder more humbling experience. God's grace is sufficient. He is so good. We're just praising God for our little one.

2 comments: