Thursday, December 16, 2010

We recently had grandkid pictures made for my mother in law as a surprise gift for her for Christmas. She doesn't have internet (crazy I know) so I can post these. Shhhhh...it's a surprise! Sam had not taken a nap that day so these were the few that we got of him where he wasn't screaming and clinging...because that's what my kid does when he hasn't had a nap.

All the grandkids from freshman in high school (sniff sniff) to Sam the 16 month old!

This one is my favorite! Love Sam's innocent little face!

I wanted to post something since I've been taking a blog sabbatical. Sometimes I can get overly interested in blogs and see all these things that other moms are doing and I get really insecure about my role as a mother. Why can't I make time for Bible studies with my kid, and make cute crafts with him, and blah blah blah. So I had to take a step back and do some soul searching with the Lord. I get so worried about Sam...is he talking enough? is he going to be a good reader? (yes I think about this stuff already) and the list goes on and on. As much as I love to stay connected through blogs, facebook, etc. sometimes it's too much. Everyone posts every victory of their child (as do I) and then I start wondering....Sam can't say "ho, ho, ho" what's wrong with him? Then guess what I start teaching Sam...you guessed it! Ho, Ho, Ho! You know what his new words are? Star and Hey. So needless to say, I've had to take a step (or maybe two) back. But I'm good. I'm continually having to give my constant worries and insecurities over to the Lord and He and I together are conquering them.

In other news, tomorrow is our early release for Christmas break. I am SOOOOOOO ready. We're driving to Marshall to look at the lights with Sam and hopefully have some good family holiday fun! I'll post pictures soon. Here's my agenda for Christmas break:

1. Go see Christmas lights.
2. Picture with Santa.
3. Make gingerbread house
4. Visit families/have families over
5. Staff Christmas party (where we WILL use my china!)
6. Bag up stuff for Goodwill
7. Sleep late. :) Yes please!

Hope you enjoy your Christmas! Remember that it's not about Santa, it's about Jesus and what His life did for the world. Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Great update!

    Look, I've basically decided I will NEVER be super mom. Not even in the slightest. She's 8 months old. I don't teach her sign language, we don't have the same schedule each day, she doesn't eat 3 perfect meals with 2 snacks the way my doctor has told me to (we do what we can when we can!).

    I haven't done half of what I've wanted to and I can't figure out how the time has passed so quickly!

    Oh, and she's been "talking" for months... but has yet to say her first words. She wont even repeat "Mama". She says dadadadadada, etc, but there's NO repeating. You can't make this child do anything.

    I think you are one rockstar mama. Sam looks perfect. I really believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I love reading your blog...you are a wonderful mom and are doing a great job with Sam!! I always worry about the same stuff...I have to work on my anxiety about it constantly. But, I think Sam is adorable and perfect...I hope I am half as good a mom as you are! :)

    ReplyDelete