Monday, December 20, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane

Sam and I in front of some of the lights at the Courthouse in Marshall.

This was as close as he would go to Santa by himself. We had to give the cookie to Santa to give to Sam. Am I proud of this? No, but you do what you gotta do to get the annual Santa picture sometimes.

Dad and Sam walking around...probably his favorite spot.


Beautiful courthouse...it was so beautiful to see.



I'll be the first to admit that it was a little emotional for me coming back to Marshall. This was the place where Jared and I met, dated, and became engaged and now we brought Sam to see the town. We hadn't been back in so long. After we walked around the courthouse we took a drive through ETBU to see their new student center. That really got me emotional as we drove through all the places that we used to go, the places we used to walk, and sit and talk as we were dating. It was a whirlwind trip with driving to Marshall that day and then staying overnight with our friends in Shreveport that night. We left the next morning after having breakfast with them. It was a fun, quick little family trip. Memories in the making.





No comments:

Post a Comment