Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This week-o-thanksgiving has been exactly what our family needed...family time and rest. We were able to see all our family in two days instead of one, which made everyone happier I think. For some reason I had this nightmare of Sam not napping and being this crazy kid for everyone. Didn't happen. He napped, his two molars came in, and he was a delight to be around. He loves being around people, old or young. He's such a curious kid these days, and learning new things everyday. When I look at him in this picture, my heart just about melts. Around this time two years ago, I was pregnant and didn't even know it. Little would I know that I would have this little boy who I would love more than anything in the world. God has certainly poured out his blessings on my family. I can remember finding out we were having a boy and being really scared. I wasn't raised around boys....most all of my cousins were girls. What in the world would I do with a boy? God certainly has perfect plans for us, doesn't He? This little boy is already being a blessing to so many people. He's brought joy to so many lives, and he's certainly brought his Momma closer to God. I find myself constantly seeking God for guidance on how to be the Momma HE wants me to be and the Momma Sam needs me to be.

I'm reminded this time of year and throughout the year of God's goodness. Even through the different seasons of life, good or bad, blessing or trial, God is still good. ALL THE TIME.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment