Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 8-10: I'm a roller coaster!

It's amazing when I sit back and read my blogs from day to day and see how God intertwines my daily activities to lead me back to him. I'm a little behind on my thankfulness blogs so here goes:

Day 8: Thankful that my house is getting another viewing on Friday at 9 am (prayers please!). If you've ever put your house on the market then you know the feeling that I'm feeling. I'm just ready to move on. But the couple that is looking is the same couple that looked last week so I guess that's a good sign.

Day 9: Thankful that that awful day is behind me. What a dark, discouraging day it was. From the moment I walked through the doors all I heard was negativity. And to top it off, my kids got in soooo much trouble during rotation. I was so sad. Some days I can handle the paper work, the constant griping, bickering, and negativity and some days it's just too much. I want to feel like I'm making a difference, but it's hard when all it is is test, test, test, growth, growth, growth, documentation, documentation, documentation. Yesterday was just too much. But....

Day 10: The Lord's mercies are new EVERY morning. Today was a new day, and it went so great. It started off with walking to the park with my students. I sat and then played with some of the sweetest boys. They were all playing catch and it just made me look forward to the day when Sam and Jared and I can all play catch. I'm quite sure they didn't notice how much I was watching them, but it was such a sweet time for me. Then as we were walking back my kids started coming up with cause/effect relationships for the park (this is what we've been talking about this week). You can imagine my suprise when one of my students started throwing out vocabulary words! "We had to go to lunch so we had to leave the park. That's a cause/effect relationship, Mrs. Hollier!" "Mrs. Hollier, this is a vacant gas station!" Were my ears deceiving me? No, they weren't! But to top it all off guess what I heard next???? "Mrs. Hollier, it's fun to learn and play at the same time!"

Wow. That's what should be going on everyday. Instead its the same ole same ole. Not anymore. I am determined...no matter what...to make my kids love learning again. Other highlights from the day: As my students were whining on the walk back to the school I taught them to be a winner not a whiner. And all my kids started shouting, "I'm a winner!"

Isn't God amazing? I know that on my worst days, God is still there. He's still amazing. Even though I've gone through a bad day and now a good day, God's still the same. I'm so thankful for that. He doesn't change from day to day like I do. Thank you Lord for a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment