Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3: God's perfect plans

I've been checking my cell phone every chance I get today. My good friend Jessica is supposed to have her precious miracle Noelle today. She was induced this morning and we (all of her family, friends, and prayer partners) anxiously await the news of Noelle's arrival. Today especially reminded me of God's perfect plans. I've been so guilty about wanting to do things my own way, in my own time, and certainly on my own schedule. Thankfully God doesn't hold that against me. God's plans are so perfect. I needed that reminder today with all the things that have been going on with me and my family lately. I haven't blogged or told many about this, but I feel like I can now. In June, I had a miscarriage. Yep. I said it. Those big, ugly words. We weren't trying to get pregnant, but we also weren't trying not to. In one day I went from excitement to the very next day and weeks into sadness, questions of why God? Do I know why that happened? No. But I don't need to. I know that I know that I know that God's plans are SOOOOO much better than our own. He is our creator! How much better are his plans for us since He made us, and calls us His children. So on days like today, when I'm full of excitement for my precious friend, I'm reminded of just how perfect His plan is. Even when I don't understand it. Even when you don't understand it, just TRUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment