Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: Rainy, thunderstorm kinda nights

I think God REALLY has a sense of humor. Why? Because yesterdayI began my 25 days of Thanksgiving with how I was thankful for my school and today I was thankful for the rain and do you know what met me in my room this morning? Rain all over my desks AND BRAND SPANKIN' NEW textbooks. Yeah...that's ironic I think. What's even more funny for all of you non-Jasper folks is that we are right in the middle of a huge bond election that isn't getting much support. The bond would build a new elementary school since this one was the original elementary school. In fact here are some issues that those of you who are against this bond and think "it was good enough for me, it's good enough for my kids" might not know...

1. Our school was built before the invention of computers. Therefore, it gives the local fire inspector a heart attack when he comes through inspecting the major fire hazard bc of the lack of plugs in our room.

2. Every room in our building leaks...and onto things that are REALLY expensive.

3. There is mold...yuck!

4. If you have a class size of 22, you are squeshed like sardines.

REGARDLESS of if this bond passes or not, I will teach to the best of my GOD given abilities. Why? Because I'm a teacher, and that's what we do. Even though I think our kid's deserve something better, and I'm okay sacrificing $25 a month to make it be better. So maybe that's what I need to be thankful for today in addition to the rain. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment