Monday, November 1, 2010

25 Days of Thanks

Last year I stole this idea from the wonderful Ms. Gina, and I was reminded of it this year when I saw her blog post this morning. Each day marking down to Thanksgiving I'll post or facebook something I'm thankful for. I challenge you to do the same...you'd be surprised how good your life is and how much better your perspective is throughout the day. So here goes.

Day 1: I'm thankful for my job. Most people these days aren't that appreciative of their jobs, in fact they view them as a pain. Especially on Monday mornings! I am choosing Monday of all days to be thankful for my job. It's easy to grumble when you get up everyday at 5:30, get to school and have tons to do, documentation, observations, and that's not even the kiddos yet! Instead, I'm choosing to be thankful for what I have....a good paying job that gives me days off with a sick kid, health insurance for me and Sam, vacation days, HOLIDAYS, and playing a huge role in the lives of hundreds of kids that I probably would not have known otherwise. Some of the kids that I teach day after day after day have no Godly influence in their life AT ALL. At all means I'm it people. No, I realize I can't save 'em all. I've certainly had my share of experiencing that, but I certainly can show them that there is a life that is better for them than the one that they've got and are headed to. That's a job I don't take lightly and am thankful to do.

So...what about you? What are you thankful for? I encourage you to take the challenge that I did. Grow a thankful heart today.

~Elizabeth

1 comment: