Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 5 & 6

I'm so thankful that the Lord gives rest for my soul. When things are so crazy and we're busy running the roads all weekend, God still gives rest within my soul. This morning, and just about every Sunday morning here lately, it seems that it's been really hectic to get out the door in time for Sunday School. I was praying this morning on my way to church (after Sam and I had both changed twice b/c he got spit up on both of us...which NEVER happens) that the Lord would calm my soul. I had gotten flustered b/c it seems like the only time Sam ever gets fussy is when I'm trying to get ready for church. My heart wasn't prepared for worship and it was just a crazy morning. I don't want Sunday mornings to be like that for my family. I want our time in the morning at home to be a preparation for meeting with the Lord in corporate worship. After praying through a lot of my frustrations, the Lord did calm my spirit. Thank you Lord for rest in my soul.

Then after church we all took AMAZING naps! The Hollier house was quiet and dark all afternoon. It was such a blessing. It was one of those naps when you slept so hard when you woke up you didn't even know where you were at first. I'm thankful for rest for our bodies, too. We had a great day at church, great lunch with friends, and a great nap. What a great day! I'm so thankful that God commands us to rest, b/c He knows that we need it. I forget that sometimes until my body stops functioning. I forgot to sign the ticket at lunch...that was one sign I knew I needed a nap.

Thank you Lord for rest for me. In more ways than one.

What are you thankful for? Remember to give thanks daily! Even the small stuff... every good gift comes from above!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment