Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 3 and Day 4

Day 3: I'm so thankful to have a healthy and happy baby boy. He is such a blessing to us. And I think he's already a blessing to be around. We've been praying that since he was still in my belly that he would be a joy to be around. Just yesterday I was wondering if he remembers me when I get home from school since it's been all day, but as soon as I got home I went straight to him and started talking to him and his face lit up everywhere. He couldn't keep his eyes off of me. That's makes me feel so good. That little man is quickly becoming a big boy all too fast. I can't believe it's been almost three months. What an amazing gift God has given to us. We certainly do not take it for granted. I know that everyday is a gift from Him. Thank you Lord for another day with my family.

Day 4: Date nights. Last night Memaw (Jared's mom) kept Sam overnight! Ah!!!! She normally keeps him on Fridays anyway, but last night we needed to run to Beaumont for some very important shopping (it ended up being JoAnn's, Babies R Us, and Academy) so we brought him to Vidor for his first overnighter without us. I handled it a lot better than I thought I would and Jared and I had such a good time just hanging out. We went to eat and played games we used to play at dinner when we were dating...the games shall remain a mystery....they're silly though. That was it...we just got to be silly college kids again. Not that I want to go back to that phase of my life again, it was just nice. We ended up getting home around 11 and crashed. No washing bottles! That felt nice. But then this morning I looked in Sam's room and there was no Sam. That made me sad. I hope he had fun with Memaw, but I certainly missed him. I'm so thankful for Jared's mom. She is always willing to do whatever for her kids. She is yet another example of a great mother that I have to look up to and strive to be like. Thank you Lord for date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment