Friday, October 30, 2009

Some Highlights

Wow...we've really let this blog go. We've neglected it. If this blog were a houseplant, it'd be dead by now. I apologize. Not that I think we're particularly interesting, but I know it can be annoying to check in on a page that hasn't been updated in a while, so I'm sorry. Since it's late, I'll hit a few highlights:

1) Sam is awesome. He's getting huge, he's getting very interactive- that is he laughs and talks a lot- and he is now sleeping through the night. When I say "through the night," we're talking 10:00 p.m.- 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. For those of you without kids, I know that probably seems early, but for you parents who read this, you know how great that is. No more middle of the night feedings going on. Also, he's a hoss. I took him for his 2 month checkup on Monday, and he's 25" long, weighs 16 pounds. According to our dr's little chart, that puts him in the 90th and 98th percentile for length and weight, respectively. Halloween costume pics to come soon...

2) Liz is back at work, and doing well. She's still trying to get caught up, since she started out 8 weeks behind, but it's getting better. The kids she has this year are way different than last year's group, so it seems like all the teachers are trying to adjust, but she keeps reminding herself that she's there for a reason. She's at that school with those kids and those teachers, at this time, for God's purposes. As long as she keeps reminding herself of that, she's good to go.

3) Church is also going great. In the last 2 weeks, we've had 3 kids make "professions of faith" as we call it in church world (it means they made a public commitment to Jesus), baptized 2, and had 3 families join. We also took 15 men on a dove hunting trip (we only came home with 12 birds...they just weren't flying that day, but we had a great time), and had our "Fall Fest." We didn't get an exact count on how many attended the Fall Fest, but we know we had food for 100 people and ran out. Plus, everyone had a great time, so it was a huge success. I know that in some previous blogs we were having a hard time with the church, but church life is like life- ups and downs, ebbs and flows, times of drought and times of abundance, feast and famine, etc...

4) I'm still running. I do it 3-4 days a week, and it's going great. I've lost about 8 lbs, and tomorrow I'm scheduled to do 4 miles. I've been doing 2.5 this week, so I'm confident tomorrow won't be a problem. Also, I signed up to do a 10k in Beaumont on Thanksgiving day. It's called the Turkey Trot, and I figured if I signed up and paid my entry fee, I'd have to do it. So I did, and now I am. I have a goal time in mind, but mostly I just want to finish. (that's what slow people say)

In a nutshell, life is good. I'll try harder to make sure this blog stays more up to date. Please forgive us, and don't give up on us. More to come very soon...
-Jared

1 comment:

  1. Sam is so ADORABLE!!And Aaron and my dad L-O-V-E-D the dove hunting trip! My dad got 4 of those 12 birds too! We are so glad Elizabeth is back at Parnell with us all :)

    ReplyDelete