Saturday, August 29, 2009

Our first trip to "the tree house"

Sam and his cousin Jake. Jake informed me today that Sam is his new baby cousin. Seriously, our nieces and nephews (on both sides) are the cutest kids in the world...besides Sam of course!

The "hotel" deer stand Jared and my brother in law Chris built. Roomy enough for children to hunt in. Not that Sam will be ready quite yet.

Sam loved this little portable pen? I don't really know what it's called, but it was great. There's a net you can zip up to keep the mosquitos out too.


This past weekend we managed to sneak away and go to "PawPaw's tree house" as my nieces and nephews call it. We really went to the deer lease so I could visit and Jared and my brother in law could do some work to get ready for deer season. I just can't wait for it to cool off and if we happen to kill a deer in the process I would be okay with that too. Obviously I'm not a die hard hunter girl...who would have thought. I do love drinking coffee with my dad while we anxiously anticipate the arrival of all the other die hard hunters. Getting up early and freezing my tail off only comes once a year and that is the day after Thanksgiving shopping trip with my mother in law....not hunting. Anyway, I thought I would post some pics of the eventful day. Sam did GREAT! He slept most of the time, but apparently that's normal and we should thank God for that everyday...we do by the way.
We're enjoying Sam soooo much. He's starting to stay awake a little longer and his little personality is already starting to take shape. He really is a great kid. He doesn't really fuss unless he's hungry, and he already melts my heart with his smile. He definately has me wrapped around his little finger...already.
~Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment