Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life Changes

So we just got home from a wedding that Jared did, which we had to do premarital counseling for, I know right? How crazy is it that we, who have been married almost 4 years, are doing counseling. Talk about funny if you ask me. So as the bride was walking down the aisle she literally looked like she was going to pass out. Her face was white and Jared even had to tell her "just take a deep breath". That got me thinking about how I felt on my wedding day. I was nervous about falling down the aisle (which apparently is a common fear), but I was so excited that the big day was finally here. The whole day went by so quickly it seems. That was almost four years ago next month. I kept thinking today about how much their lives are going to change and they don't even realize it. Jared and I have both changed so much since the day we got married, for the better I'd like to say. It's like everyday you just learn how to be better and live with someone in a better way. Don't get me wrong, we still have our moments. In fact, just yesterday I told Jared I wish we could argue in a way that we would just talk and get over it....we're not quite there, but we're working on it. Marriage is just such a crazy awesome way for God to unite two completely different people! And not only that, but it's like how God wants you to live your life gets put to the test. Everything that you've learned in your walk with the Lord gets put into practice. Real life experience. It's great. I love being married. Talk about transformation.

Another big change that is on the way is our baby boy coming in August. Samuel Joseph Hollier is "expected" to make his big debut on August 21. I can't even put into words the feelings that I have for this little boy already. The neatest thing is to feel him moving inside me, and not only that but when it happens. On my way to school when I'm rocking out to my c.d.s there is Baby Sam inside me rocking out with his momma! Its like our little hangout time everyday. It's the same on the way home, and I promise you he already loves Monk and Neagle better than any other c.d. I play (mother's intuition we'll say). It's just insane to think that a little baby is growing inside me. I've gotten through the yucky side effects of being pregnant, like being sick, but now I'm really starting to enjoy things. I find myself just praying that he would hurry up and get here. Every time we go to the doctor we have to get an ultrasound it seems. The nurses try to get a heartbeat, but he keeps moving so much that they can't. So we walk over to the ultrasound room to see another little picture of him! I love it,and I think its hilarious that he is one of the few babies that "stump" the nurses. A part of me wanders if he is going to be a REALLY active little boy... probably so. I so desire to be a mom that teaches her son how to be a loving, honest, compassionate person. I pray that God would teach us the right things to say and do, and that Sam would see an example of how to live for the Lord through Jared and me.

Huge changes going on in our lives right now. Although they've been gradual sometimes they feel like they just come up all at once. Like where did my teen years go? Sometimes I just feel just like I'm fifteen waiting to get my driver's license. Time flies right? I love my life. It's so exciting to see where God is going to take our growing family, but its even neater to see where He's already taken us. Wow, God is so good. Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you for starting a blog! This is a great place for you to keep track of blessings...big and small and to record all those specail moments God will give you as a wife and mom. I love ya!

    Gina
    PS- Monk and Neagle= My favorite duo EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete