Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Plans...Re-Write

Sometimes things don't always go as planned. Isn't that the understatement of the century?!?! I had high hopes for a relaxing summer. I wanted to get Sam moved into a new room/bed. Get Nathan's nursery ready and that.was.it. Well...here is my updated summer plans list.


First and foremost....move classrooms. Yep...that's right. I was told on the last day of school that I was being moved to teach fourth grade. I was completely shocked. Rumors went around that morning that I would be moving but fourth grade was NEVER a thought in my mind. So, next week I will start boxing up my classroom and moving it down the hall to fourth grade and setting up a new classroom. After that, I will go over curriculum. Blurg. Not what I even wanted to think about this summer. But I know after that's done, I'll be able to relax a little. A little. :) Since I'll be moving classrooms at 8-9 months pregnant, we decided to keep Sam's room where it is and move the nursery to the guest room. 1. I'm too tired to even think about moving now. 2. I think it would be a little too much for him moving rooms and transitioning to a big boy bed. Regardless...lots of packing/unpacking/painting/things I hate the most. I know it will all work out and when I start to feel stressed about school I have to remind myself that at least I have a job. Quite your griping! :)


We were also "supposed" to start swimming lessons tomorrow. We're still going to go tomorrow, but afterwards we have an appointment with the ear, nose, & throat doctor in the morning. Our pediatrician wants Sam to get tubes in his ears so I don't know if the ENT doctor will let Sam continue with swim lessons for the next two weeks or if he'll let him finish and then schedule the tubes. Another boo. I know that regardless of swim lessons, we are going to have a fun summer. I'm bound and determined NOT to let any of the stuff that needs to get done ruin the fun we've got planned. I'm not sure as to the plans yet, but fun WILL be had. :)



So....here's to plans changing. New starts. Restful (hopefully) summers.

1 comment:

  1. At least you can move your classroom now. I am moving to a brand new school and new grade level. Our building is not scheduled to be complete until August 1.

    Ask about getting plugs for Sam's ears. I remember my brother having to use them when we would go swimming. He had a set that was molded to his ears instead of using just the cheap stuff from walmart and having to mold it each time.

    ReplyDelete