Friday, August 13, 2010

12 Things I Love About You!

I can't believe that Sam is a year old today! Seriously...I want time to slow down like it did when I was growing up. Way back then (he he) time seemed to stand still. It seemed as if I would never get my license or graduate high school or even college. Now it just flies by. Today has been a tough day, but not because Sam turned one today. I surprisingly held it together most of the day. Last night Sam was up screaming most of the night. That is not like him at all. He has NEVER done that before....ever. He's always a good little sleeper and goes to bed on his own. We've worked hard for that. But when a baby is sick...it doesn't matter what they're used to, because they just don't feel good. That was Sam last night/this morning. We took him to the doctor and he had 101.6 with an ear infection. Great. On his birthday my poor little baby gets sick. He's been acting better though so hopefully the medicine he's on will help. After the doctor's appointment we got Sam's first haircut, picked up his birthday cake and pictures and headed home. Other than screaming all night, Sam's had a pretty relaxing birthday. Tomorrow the festivities start...I can't wait! I know Sam will have a blast just getting to see everyone and chow down on some cake. He does love the cake we found out! So in honor of Sam's 12 months of life, I decided to post some of the things I love about Sam.

1. I love your smile.
2. I love the way you entertain yourself while no one's watching.
3. Your gut laugh that you only share with a few people.
4. I love the way you ham it up for people. It brings so much joy into their lives.
5. I love that you only want me when you're sick. It makes my heart so joyful.
6. The way you say "mama" or "Dada" whenever you're looking for us.
7. Your point. If you've been around Sam at all, you've seen "the point".
8. Your very selective kisses that you only give to momma when you're really sleepy.
9. When you lay your head on my shoulder just for a hug.
10. I love how you teach me so much about the kind of mother I need to be.
11. I love how you teach me how much God loves us, how He is so faithful, and how He is true to His Word.
12. I love you for being you. Stubborn, silly, sick...whatever. "I love you through and through."

No comments:

Post a Comment