Friday, June 11, 2010

Update on swimming lessons

Well, we are now almost finished with week 1 of swimming lessons. Sam is doing better. He still likes the water so I guess that's good, right? He's starting to enjoy some of the activities that they do in the water. He just hates, and I mean HATES, some of the other things...for example: he refuses to kick his legs, and he screams the minute I put him on his back to float. Other than that, he enjoys swimming. His favorite part is getting to play in the hot tub after lessons. The teacher lets us moms spend the last 5 minutes in the hot tub partly to let the babies relax and enjoy the water but also to help us moms relax before the screaming begins again when the changing of the bathing suits begins. I'm hoping that this will all pay off in the long run. That Sam will learn to swim better than his momma and that he will be confident in the water. Right now, it's a gamble everyday from 6-6:30 to see how Sam will respond to the various factors that will in turn affect his mood in the pool. Yesterday Sam's allergies started acting up and he felt awful. I debated taking him at all, but decided to. And wouldn't you know it, Sam had his best day yet! I'm really excited that this weekend is my nephews' birthday parties...and it's a swimming party! I'm excited to see them and also excited that Sam will be able to play in the water and enjoy himself. Last year at this time, Heather (my sil) and I were both BIG preggo! She was about to have Gavin and I was just 2 months from having Sam. My feet were awful swollen...I could barely walk on them..my how time flies! Can't wait to visit with them! I'll be sure and post some pics of Sam and his cousins playing this weekend!
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment