Friday, May 28, 2010

You know you're a mom when...

1. Your once candle surrounded garden bathtub is full of baby bath toys.

2. You consider 7:30 sleeping in.

3. You actually consider a bathing suit with a skirt attached.

4. When a baby cries, you assess the situation and are glad it's not your baby crying.

5. You think you have the cutest baby in the world, and will fight to the death defending that truth.

6. Your mind is constantly thinking about your baby when he's not with you.

7. The world takes on a new outlook. Now I think about the world in terms of how it will be for Sam and future grandchildren. It's scary...lots of praying going on.

8. You can eat with one hand in two minutes flat.

9. You will do riduculous things to get a smile, even more crazy for a giggle, and you will practically stand on your head for a down right gut belly laugh!

10. Last but certainly not least, I pray a whole lot more. Sam has certainly brought about more prayers for sanity, wisdom, strength, encouragement, and all around the fruits of the Spirit.

One of the things that I would ask you all to pray for is for the next school year. I'm certainly going to enjoy my summer off with Sam, but I also have to think about someone to watch Sam when I go back to work. We only need someone Mon. - Wed., but I'm praying for someone who loves the Lord and will love Sam as the Lord loves him. I know this is a big request, but I know it's not too big for my God. My heart is really heavy for this right now, and I know that the Lord has the right person in mind. Join me please.

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you for just the right person for your Sam to be with. I just quit my really good paying job because God was telling me to be more present with my kids. It's going to be different around here....but what God wants us to do.

    I'm not saying that to say you should quit your job! Only to say that God is good at taking care of things and watching over our families. He knows your heart and I know the right person is right around the corner!

    Love and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete