Monday, November 30, 2009

The Little Things in Life

Sam has recently discovered his tongue. This is one of many times where his tongue is hanging out of his mouth!
Sam in one of his MANY outfits Aunt Lissa bought for him (he can finally wear them!)

Bundling Sam up to go to the park...he looks too cute!


He really liked his "eskimo" suit.

Sam will be running for office in the near future (notice the peace sign)


Can you say "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!"



Thanksgiving has now come and gone. The Hollier's had a most relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. We got to see family but on a slower pace, stretched out over two weekends instead of one day. It seems these days we like to do things on a slower pace. It's funny how 7:30 used to be so early and now it's really sleeping in. I used to always love to run the roads and now I just like being at home. I hated cleaning house, now a clean house makes me feel refreshed and energized. We're starting to get in a regular routine of going to the park and running/walking. Life as we know it is good. It's funny how the little things in life make me so thankful. At the Hollier Thanksgiving there is a tradition of two things. 1. THE hayride. 2. THE bonfire. This was the first year I went on the hayride. We sang Christmas carols and I froze my bum off but it was great. I love my life. Right now, I'm listening to Jared play with Sam. He is such an amazing dad. I can't imagine my life getting any better. God is so good to bless us with so much. It just takes some perspective to look around and see all that is good. It doesn't have to be huge. Just the little things. I'm so thankful for the little things God has blessed me with. A relaxing, refreshing holiday. A beautiful healthy family. The list goes on and on and on. Even after Thanksgiving, remember to thank God for the gifts He gives us on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute kid you have. You just want to pinch his little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete