Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 8

Today I'm thankful for my health. Most of the time, I just have seasonal allergies that annoy me...that's it. My biggest worry is that I will catch one of the many things that always seem to be going around when you are a teacher. I'm thankful that that's the only worry I have right now. Last night Jared was at the hospital until 1 am with a family whose loved one is preparing to be with the Lord. I also have friends who have the weight of the world on their shoulders because they're battling with cancer scares. When something like this happens it really puts things into perspective for me. I need to be thankful that I have another day to wake up and spend with my family, but also that the days spent with them are healthy and worry free. I'm praying for those I know who are worried b/c they have health problems right now. And I'm reminded that everyday is another day that I am here for the purpose of worship. How I want my life to be a life of purpose. Take today to count your blessings. If you were able to get up this morning, get yourself ready for work, and carry out your day without the worry of what life holds in the tomorrow, thank God for that right now.

I'm thankful that through pain people still have joy. And that is a testimony to me of the goodness of God. It reminds me of one of my favorite Natalie Grant songs, "Our hope endures"

Our hope endures, the worst of conditions.
It's more than our optimism.
Let the earth quake.
Our hope is unchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment