Saturday, October 17, 2009

Back to Work

My first official week of school is now done. Wow...what an exhausting week. It started off with a 12 hour day...parent conference day. The kids got out at 1, but we had to be at the school until 7. Talk about a long day. I'm so thankful that it was so busy b/c it really helped me keep my mind off of Sam being at home without me. Everyone kept asking how I was doing and how he was. My reply: I'm okay, right now. And I was. The Lord blessed me with a great morning. I get up at 5:00 every morning to give myself time to spend with Sam in case he wakes up. Every day that week he woke up. He wasn't hungry, he just wanted some Mommy time. I am so thankful to get to spend time with him each morning, and I rush home each day to see him. At first I was afraid he would forget who I was or something big would happen while I wasn't there, like him rolling over for the first time (we're getting closer to that each day), but then I came home and Sam just flashed that sweet smile for me and it made it all better. I love it when other people are trying to talk to him, but he can't take his eyes off of me....that's the greatest feeling in the world. So for a first week back to work it wasn't too bad. I'm still trying to juggle the whole teacher/mommy thing. It's exhausting but well worth it. My students this year are A LOT different than my students last year so the word that could best describe last week would be adjusting. Adjusting to new roles, schedules, students, lesson plans, everything. I am enjoying it though. I am just so much a planner and list maker that I want to get everything organized but at the same time refuse to stay at the school all evening. The time that Sam is actually awake when I get home is limited and I want to make the most of it. Right now, Sam is laying on his play mat falling asleep. He absolutely loves that thing...he is trying so hard to roll over to get to his toys. The top part of his body made it, but the bottom half is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I'll have to post some pictures. He is growing so fast. I can't believe he's already two months old...time flies that's for sure.

Fall is here and that seems to make my spirits even brighter. I'm not going to share Sam's halloween costume until the day of. It's super cute, that's all I'm going to say. I'll try and post more often, but won't make any promises. These days I'm just spending time with my boys. They're the best. Sorry I don't have anything encouraging or thought provoking to post. It's just been a long week. When things get in the groove maybe my brain will start working again.

For now,
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment