Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nana and my "kinda sorta" twin sister's visit

My cute little man...that outfit btw doesn't fit him anymore! He wore it once, b/c I loved it but his legs wouldn't fully extend in it! Bummer.



Nana and Sam...he got LOTS of loving from her!



Aunt Lissa (my kinda sorta twin) and Sam...I think Sam was trying to figure out how our voices all sound alike. Kinda confusing at first!

My mom (Nana) and my sister (Aunt Lissa) came to visit on Monday. We had such a fun time visiting and laughing and drinking coffee...lots of coffee. That is usually what happens when we get together. It was good just getting to hang out with them and to have some extra hands around here. If they could stay all the time I would get so much stuff done around the house! Melissa took care of Sam, Mom did laundry, and I was able to decorate the house for Fall (my favorite season of year). Other highlights from the visit included teaching my mom the importance of "googling"(I promised her it would change her life forever!), going for walks at the park, and, of course, a Casa 'Ole trip. When we got to Casa 'Ole the waiter looked at Melissa then me and said "Are you guys like kinda sorta twins?" We just laughed. One because she's two years older than me and we don't think we look anything alike. Two because how in the world are you "kinda sorta" twins? You either are or you're not. We had several good laughs at that poor waiters expense that day. The visit ended the next day but not without me feeling rested and full of fun stories. Besides that, they both got to love on Sam. When we were growing up we had this giant children's Bible stories book that my aunt bought when Melissa was young. I remember reading that giant book every night just about. When I found out I was pregnant, Melissa bought Sam his own children's Bible stories that wasn't as giant as ours growing up (thankfully) and she was able to read to Sam his daily Bible story. That was the highlight of the visit for me. She read to him about the tower of Babel and how the people had become selfish again. The moral of the story...(in Aunt Lissa's words) don't be selfish...try to be like Jesus. So true, so true.

We also got our new stove picked up and delivered...thanks to Paul for helping deliver it (who pays delivery when you have friends and a dolly, right?). Our stove broke and we've been without one for about 2 weeks now. We finally got a new one which was a huge praise to begin with. Granted I hate having to actually take money out of our savings, I was glad it was there so that we could purchase a new stove. While the boys were hauling off the old one and picking up the new one, I was able to clean and decorate for fall. Now I have to say, out of all the seasons, fall is my absolute favorite! I love the colors, the coolness, and for us the lack of mosquitos. By the time Jared got back the living room and kitchen were decked out with fall decor. Jared tells me it's still summer though. I don't care. Maybe if I get our house ready for fall, then it will actually come sooner. Can't blame a girl for trying right?



No comments:

Post a Comment