Friday, August 7, 2009

Updates Please!!!!

Last Wednesday we went to the doctor for our weekly check up and got some unexpected news. Not bad, just unexpected. The doctor checked everything out and told us that the baby's head felt "big". Once he said that, I started getting a little nervous. I mean this whole pregnancy I knew Sam was big. Every ultrasound we've ever gotten, which is like seven at this point, have all shown him to be "big" with "a big head"...whatever that means. So for the doctor to be the one to mention it this time, it made me stop and listen. We had to wait for about 15 minutes to get an ultrasound since this one wasn't scheduled, but it was really fine with me. The waiting room had cleared out since most everyone was going to lunch so it gave Jared and I a chance to kinda talk things through, whatever the possibilities might be. After a little while, the ultrasound tech came by and took us back to the room where I lie down and try to get as comfortable as I can at this point. She started looking around and taking the babies measurements...which were looking at about 40 weeks at this point. We asked her how much the baby weighed and she said....are you ready for this??? At 2 weeks before my due date Sam weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz.!!!! HOLY COW!!!! That's a big baby! Why was I so surprised to begin with??? I knew he'd be big. Jared and I were both big babies. The doctor told us that we would discuss the results from the ultrasound at our appointment on Monday, so I was very surprised when he called me that night. He was very concerned about the size of Sam and about how much he would weigh when we came back next week. So he gave us some facts and told us to talk it over and pray about it over the weekend. So...we're praying through what to do. To have a c-section isn't bad, it's just not what we "planned for". Which to say that out loud sounds kinda stupid. I mean the whole conception process is a miracle from God...completely ordained by Him. Why would I be so worried as to things not going according to my plans? Duh Elizabeth! Haven't you learned anything through spending time with the Lord these last 9 months! I'm a slow learner...what can I say? So on Monday we'll go back to the doctor and see what he has to say about our options and sometime next week we'll be bringing a baby home...one way or the other. That's crazy to think about. We just had our friends, the Williams, over for dinner. After dinner we all decided to run to Wal-Mart and buy a new Rock Band game for the Wii, then we played till midnight....we won't be doing that for a long time. I'm excited though. I can't imagine going to the hospital with Sam inside me, then he'll be here...right in front of me. I already feel a whirlwind of emotions just thinking about it. I'm so ready for it. Not ready like I've read all the books now I'm going to be an awesome parent, just ready...anxious....excited...a little impatient. :)

So for now, all we know is that some time next week we'll be having Sam...either by c-section or natural. Either way, next week is a big week. We'll update everyone after our doctor's appointment on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers as we get ready to welcome our little Sam into the world. I can't wait to meet him, and I can't wait for you in the blogger world to get to know him too....no matter where you might be in the world! More info to come,

~Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Praying for ya'll!! I know how scary it seems to possibly have a c-section... it's a major surgery. It's not that bad. Really. I've had two. Both of my boys were gigantic babies. They definitely take after Greg! Get LOTS of sleep in the days to come!!

    Can't wait to see pictures of baby Sam! He's a blessed baby because he has two incredible parents. :-) Keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all work out, I promise. I know what you mean about the "planning" part, but as long as you and he is healthy, you will recover fast either way. We love ya'll and can't wait to meet our newest family memeber!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a couple of days before JOnas was born the ultra sound said he looked like he was 9lbs 5oz, but luckily when he came he was only 8lbs 15oz. We we're able to have him "as we had planned" so things can still work out for you. We'll keep you in our prayers. Yeah for big babies!

    ReplyDelete