Sunday, August 9, 2009

Insomnia

It is almost midnight and I am still awake. For those of you who are night owls this is no big deal, but I am not a night owl. I like to go to bed early and sleep late. I know those days are about to be long gone for a while, but still I like my sleep. I've been up praying for Jared, our church, Sam, our doctor's appointment, c-sections...you name it. I suppose I have a lot on my mind lately. I have this running to do list in my mind, and it keeps growing by the day. Unfortunately, my husband can't read my mind and know what's all on my list. I wish he could. It would save me a lot of "Hey babe. Will you do me a favor?" I'm sure Jared is getting really tired of hearing that. He's the best though. Even when I get frustrated b/c I want him to magically know what needs to be done and do it, he still understands (or at least tries to) that my brain is operating on overdrive (literally I have a running list on every surface of our house and my purse it seems). The neat thing is that God knows everything that's running through my brain. He knows my deepest darkest fears and my deepest darkest hurts. I'm so thankful that we have a God that is soooo big that with one tilt in a different direction and our world would be history, yet He's not too big that He doesn't care about our each and every need. How cool is that! It's been a long day. One that's been tough for us at the Hollier household, but I'm finding more and more comfort in the fact that God knows our hearts. He knows our hurts. He knows it all...I'm praying that I would find rest and peace in that fact. I know I'm not the only one that's had a rough day, week, month, year. Sadly this world is filled with hurting people. Our own church has hurting people. I pray that whoever you are, wherever you are in your life, you would find comfort in a God who knows you and loves you. He desires to take your heart and make it more like His. All you have to do is give it to Him.

Thank you Lord for keeping me awake...even though I wasn't happy about it at first. Through the insomnia you have once again spoken to my heart. Sorry for being stubborn and not listening at first. You are truly good all the time.

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. We prayed really hard for you guys last night. I kept asking God to show you that His mercies are new every morning, and I just saw that you put the same thing on your Facebook. :-) I don't really understand it all, but God does. He has a purpose and He will be glorified in all of this. We're so thankful for you guys, and especially to have such a wonderful pastor who is truly seeking God's will for our church. In the meantime, enjoy your last few days of being just the two of you. You have a huge blessing headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie took the words out of my mouth. I could not sleep Sunday night. Although we were also very discouraged, I thanked God!
    My list: 1)for our church family; 2)for a pastor who is a seeker of God's will; 3) for a church where one could come out and truly speak what they felt (regardless of which side of the issue) and trust.... that loving one another and unity was priority. Perhaps this isn't the season, but He knows.
    So, we are blessed, our cup does runneth over and we will be anointed with fresh oil. PS 133 Thank you Father for being in the details!
    Lisa M

    ReplyDelete