Thursday, July 9, 2009

6 weeks to go!!!!

Well, just like what Jared said...things have been busy for us. Thankfully, they are slowing down this month. We have 6 weeks left and two showers to go!!!! Is that crazy or what?! Sam is moving ALL THE TIME and gets the hiccups a lot. It really has been a great pregnancy except for this heat! We've been trying to stay cool at the lake which has really helped my tan. Maybe all our hospital pics we'll both have awesome tans! Sam's room is coming along nicely..although we still have the flower fan up...we're working on it. I get more and more excited each day. I'm ready to meet our little Sam and see what he's going to be like, what he'll look like and just get to spend time with him. I know Jared's looking forward to the same things. Anxiety is starting to fade into just sheer excitement. I keep praying for a healthy delivery and pregnancy, but I find myself praying more for Sam spiritually. I pray that he would love and serve the Lord and that he would not be tempted and drawn in by the desires of this world. The more I watch the news the more crazy our world seems to be getting.

In other news, things have been quite "unusual". The Lord is really showing me how real spiritual warfare is. We're right smack in the middle of it too. If we're not careful, Satan can creap in and destroy our lives if we let him. Jared and I have been praying so much for our church and all the families in it. We're praying that the Lord would work in their lives, ours too, and that Satan would have no part in any aspect of the ministries that the Lord is allowing us to take part in. I've never realized how much warfare goes on until this last couple of weeks. I know the Lord is preparing us and our church for great and mighty things and that Satan is having a field day trying to get us off our game. It's been crazy, but good to have this realization. God has been teaching me so much this summer. I've truly enjoyed my time off of school to be able to spend time with the Lord, relax, and listen to what He has to say to me. God is really good.

We had Katelyn and Seth for a couple of days this summer. We took them to the blueberry farm, made homemade cobbler, swam at the lake, roasted weenies and smores on the beach, and were supposed to go to the water park, but got rained out. After all that I was exhausted! It was fun hanging out with them. They are way fun, and say the funniest things. For example: Seth asked me if the dr. was smart enough to be able to tell if Sam was a boy or not. He kept saying, "But what if he was wrong? What if its not a boy?". He also informed Jared that when I was a baby, Sam was already in my tummy and that when I stopped growing Sam started to grow. Jared didn't have the heart to explain the "birds and bees" to him.

Our computer is still messed up but I'll try and post some pictures from the shower, our days at the lake, and Sam's almost finished nursery. At this moment, Jared, Paul, Waylon, Jessica, and Aaron are filming a video for this month's sermon series. It's really hard for me to stay focused right now. I'll try and update more whenever our computer gets fixed. Maybe I might even post a preggo picture. Probably not though. I've moved away from feeling cute and pregnant to feeling like a beached whale in the heat of the summer.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment