Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summertime Bliss

Ahhh....summer. I love it. Normally, I take the first week of summer to just relax and be a couch potato before all the busyness starts, but Monday morning I hit the ground running. I loaded up three huge trashbags to Good Will, did all the laundry, and organized our closet! I know right? Then on Tuesday I did yardwork. Jared mowed, while I cleared around some of our trees in the backyard. Talk about exhausting! On a side note, I might have possibly gotten into poison ivy? I took some precautionary measures after the fact, but so far no itchies. Hopefully it will stay that way. Today we had another checkup. This time it's been every three weeks instead of four. The doctor was very pleased with everything. He said that I'm hitting all the milestones that I should be. I had only gained a pound this time. Jared couldn't believe it. "How can that be? Your belly is growing Liz." Those were Jared's words as we left the doctor's office. He's so cute. :) Everything's shifting I guess. For the most part, I feel good. Since school's been out things are a lot easier I guess. My feet aren't swelling as much, and I have this new found energy. Tomorrow I plan on going shopping in Houston. June is quickly filling up with LOTS of activities! Next Monday we go to get our 3d ultrasound! Yay! I will certainly post pictures...unless they make our little Sambo look like an alien, then I probably won't. If you could see me, you would know how relaxed I am just by the look on my face. I love summer that much. Today it poured all the way home from Beaumont and its still pouring. I think I might go home after church and make some hot chocolate. That's how relaxed I am! I only drink coffee and hot chocolate when I have time to sit and enjoy it. Now you know why I love summer so much. This is the way life was meant to be...I'm sure of that.

On another note, our bible study is coming to a close for the summer. I'm bummed, but at the same time looking forward to this time where we can reflect and see what God has in store for us in the future. I'm so thankful for each of the girls in our group. I say girls b/c I still feel like a girl....well lady. Lady is more appropriate than women. I certainly would rather be called a lady than a woman...sorry if that's offensive. I don't mean it to be. Anyway, its been so neat to see how God put five different "ladies" together. We each have five different stories, ideas, perspectives, you name it. I was sharing with them about how God spoke to me last Sunday. We were singing the following chorus when BAM!

He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call.

We had the Lord's Supper, but before that Jared talked about why we celebrate holidays like Veterans Days, Memorial Day, Presidents Day, etc. We set aside those days to honor and remember people. Its the same with the Lord's Supper. We set aside that time to remember what the Lord did for us by sending His Son to die on a cross for our sins. As Jared spoke about how the crucifixion was performed I couldn't help but think about how humiliated Jesus must have felt. The humiliation he felt for my sins. Then, as we sang the chorus to this song I began thinking about our little baby Sam. God knows his name, He knows his every thought, He sees each tear that will fall, and He hears when he calls. God sent Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of our little boy. That is so hard for me to wrap my brain around. God already knows everything about Sam's life. He knows the hairs that will be on his little head. He knows the mistakes he will make. If He knows all that, and I know His Word tells me that His plans are for good not evil, then why in the world do I worry about everything? I do pray that the Lord would make Sam into a mighty man of God. My prayer throughout this whole pregnancy since day one has been that Sam would love and serve the Lord all the days of his life. How amazing is it that God already knows all of this. How wonderful it is to know that I can rest in the arms of Jesus, knowing that He made the ultimate sacrifice for me...for all of us. I am so thankful that God sent His Son Jesus to pay the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have a relationship with Him. In having a relationship with the Lord comes the peace that surpasses ALL understanding.

So as I enjoy the relaxation of the summer, I'm also enjoying the presence of the Lord. The two of us hanging out, spending time together. That's really all either of us wants. God wants to spend time with me (and you) and I want to spend time with Him. When we live in perfect harmony, in communion with God, our life is so much fuller...more abundant. I'm starting to realize the "life to the fullest" that Jesus was talking about. It's a really good life. I pray that you are experiencing life to the fullest with God.

Enjoy your summertime bliss.
~ Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. You are so perfect with words!!! You always make me want to be a better person, mom and example for my husband and children when I read your posts. You make me want to be a better church member and friend to all. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete