Wednesday, June 17, 2009

AMAZING Workshop!

This week I've been at The Writing Academy in Kemah, Texas for a workshop with two other teachers/friends of mine. It has been amazing! Not only is the creator of this program a genius, but it's like she's thought of everything. She has the workshop set up like a tea room and you get pampered the entire time. Now I don't mean like, "Make yourself at home" , I mean she has thought of everything. Let me give you just a few examples: There are tables and chairs like in a tea room, not a cafeteria or conference room. She has blankets in case you get cold. Cushions in case your bum or back gets tired. Chocolate covered strawberries!!! Enough said right there, but I'm not through. She has a refrigerator stocked with every type of beverage imaginable and if she doesn't have it, she gets it within an hour for you. Every type of bath and body lotions and soaps for you to use. That isn't even half of it. Everyday we get to go to "classroom" time then "make and take" time. Everything that she teaches us, she provides for us to make classroom sets. She has absolutely been blessed with such an amazing ministry. I say ministry b/c she's not just teaching us about writing, she's inspiring us to remember why we got into teaching in the first place...for the kids! It has been such an encouragement to all three of us.

On an additonal note, there is a lady there who is pregnant...like major preggo! When I first saw her, I told the girls I wonder how far along she is...she looks ready to go! I ended up talking with her later on and she's 33 weeks! That's just 3 weeks ahead of me!!!! Ahhh! I definitely feel 30 weeks pregnant this week. The hotel bed is not so great and I'm having a hard time sleeping. Every morning between 2 and 3 am I wake up having to go to the bathroom and then I can't fall back asleep b/c Sam is awake and on the move! He had the hiccups last night or shall I say this morning for the first time ever...or at least that I've felt. That was the craziest thing to feel.

I'm getting kinda homesick...which I get often when I'm away without Jared, but I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm having a shower in Fannett. I can't wait just to see everyone. Hopefully I'll get to visit with some people I haven't been able to visit with for a while. Then the weekend will come to a close with Father's Day...Jared's first. It's been a crazy busy week, but full of fun, excitement, and encouragement. That sounds like a pretty good week to me.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment