Friday, May 15, 2009

Yep- It was our anniversary

And no, I didn't forget. Although Liz did trump me- she got me a card...I didn't get her one. We did, however, go out on the town (Lufkin, that is) and have a great time. Dinner at Red Lobster (her choice), then we spent money like we had it to spend. We hit the mall, Target, Academy, Old Navy, Bed Bath Beyond, and Coldstone Ice Cream. And we had a great time doing it. We bought some clothes, a few items for Sam's room, a citrus peeler (have you seen these? It's like a ring with a blade on it.), and a few other goods.
When we got home last night, we put together the shelf/storage thing that we had bought for Sam's room. That room is really starting to fill up. Crib, shelves, clothes, toys, diapers- I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there's gonna be this kid moving in with us. I was telling Liz the other day that when my mom, or her mom, or our nieces and nephews come to visit, we know they're going to leave at some point. "They'll be gone Monday," or "It's just two nights." Not this time, amigo. When Sam gets here, he's not going anywhere. He's here for good. Living in our house, eating our food...he's here to stay. I don't know how else to explain it, except to say that it hasn't hit me yet...does that make sense?


On some unrelated notes: buy and read a book called Jim and Casper Go To Church. A pastor and an atheist travel the country and go to church together. They visit Saddleback, Lakewood, Willow Creek- about a dozen churches in all. It's a good book, easy to read, and very insightful. I bought it Monday, and finished it last night (Thursday) so I'm sure you could knock it out in half that time. Also, this Sunday, Paul (our youth minister), Waylon (our music minister), and I will be going to Dallas for the Catalyst One Day Conference with Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel. Teenage girls have the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, I've got Andy and Craig. It's gonna be awesome. Jealous? You should be.

-Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment