Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Updates on the house...and life.

Don't worry...this post will soon have pictures to follow...I promise. We got the baby's room painted, finished the bathroom, and to my surprise the floor too! The guys were going to work on it last night while the girls were at Bridgette's for our Bible Study. I told the girls I wasn't sure how much they would get done or how much I should expect. I certainly didn't want to come home and be disappointed, but when I got home...are you ready for this??? It was DONE! The whole living room and hallway was done! I was so surprised and happy... all rolled into one. I am sooo thankful that our concrete floors are gone! Praise the Lord! Seriously, what a marathon of home repairs we've been doing. All the changes were things that we EVENTUALLY wanted to do. The Lord had other plans. I'm so thankful for home owner's insurance, and that Sam will come home to a nice, newly renovated house. I told Jared last night that I feel so much better about Sam laying on this floor than the carpet we had. Talk about scary...you never know what all is in there until you pull it up!

A HUGE thank you goes out to all of the guys who helped Jared last night. We are soooo extremely blessed my each of you. Don't worry....we have a big BBQ planned in honor of all our extreme home makeover volunteers. :) I can't wait!

On another note, 1 1/2 days of school left! Yay! Hooray! Praise the Lord! Insert any other words or phrases of excitement here! I'm so ready for summer. I'm ready to be able to spend time with my family and friends and to get my house ready for our new baby. So far, my room is coming along for next year. I wish extreme classroom makeover would come to my room and repaint my lead painted room (I'm not certain on that lead paint issue...I'm just assuming). But, it is working just fine for me. Saturday we have our teacher work day and I'm planning on getting my lesson plans together for the first week of school next year. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I told them that, but I have a baby to get ready for people! I don't want to worry about getting everything ready for school while getting ready for him. I can't wait!

Pics to come soon....
~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your summer! Can't wait to see all the pics of your improvements. I always love home improvement and decorating...oh...you know that...I think you helped me paint more than once!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete