Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby Showers Galore!!!

Yesterday was my first (one of four) baby showers. This one was held at the school and thrown by the sweet third grade teachers I work with. What a blessing it was. I left my camara at home, but Leslie took pictures. Hopefully they'll be up soon. I had a great time and Sam got some really great things. By the time I got home I had about 5 minutes to show Jared what all we had gotten, then it was time for me to hit the road again for our ladies Bible study. When I got home it was about 9:15 and Jared had put everything away in Sam's room. Our diaper stacker is already full of diapers! Praise the Lord! The walls are still purple and there is still a flower fan hanging from the ceiling but that will all change in time. Getting all that stuff sure makes everything seem even more real.

On a side note, my ticker says there are 100 days to go! HOLY COW! The first 100 days of school fly by, so hopefully the last 100 of my pregnancy will too. Sam is moving like crazy. There isn't a minute that goes by that I can't feel him moving...which is reassuring. He's definately a mover and a shaker already. I'm so thankful for this blessing that God has given to us. With that blessing comes great responsibility. Responsibility that I am looking forward to. Sometimes the task seems impossible, but other times I'm overwhelmed with excitement. Our lives are soon becoming very adventurous!

Tomorrow is our anniversary...4 years. Can't believe how time flies when you're having fun. I'm so thankful that I have a God who has guarded my heart and saved it for such a worthy man like Jared. I honestly don't know what I would do without him. As I look back over the last four years a lot has happened. Got married, finished college, went back to school, taught for a year, moved to Buna, taught for another year, moved to Jasper, teaching another year, and now expecting a baby! I didn't realize how busy we've been since then. We've faced career changes, moves, and now a growing family, but the love I have is even stronger with time. How great our God is for blessing us with husbands and people for that matter that we can love.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment