Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I have to say that when it comes to great men in my life....I've got a few of them! Where would I be without the support and loving guidance of them? I hope that my life represents at least a portion of what they've done for me.


1. My Heavenly Father....Constantly present and ever loving and faithful. No frustrations with me, just loving guidance and understanding. Lord, may I possess this trait for all to be drawn to You.

2. My earthly father....Time. Taking the time to teach and explain. Never rushed to elaborate on the workings of anything. You name it...the economy, trains, hunting, whatever. Lord, may I be patient with others and always see teachable moments in everyday life.

3. My extended father(s).... Love. Loving someone who wasn't necessarily your "own". Lord, may I always see others through Your eyes. Help me to love others with Your heavenly love that is eternal and unconditional NOT through the world's eyes.

4. My husband.... JOY. Always reminding me to stop and "smell the roses", have fun, and "don't sweat the small stuff". Lord, help me to keep my eyes focused on You and the task that You would have for me on this earth. Help me to see the joy in everyday moments.

5. My son(s)...Lord, one day they will grow up. They'll make their own choices and I pray that we will have raised them up with the knowledge of You so that they can one day be faithful fathers of their own children. I pray that You would guard their hearts in this world. Keep them pure. Let them both see from Jared & I an example of how to love and serve You in a dying world. Keep their minds pure and holy. Help them to focus on You and not the things of this world that can seem so alluring and attractive. I pray that they would never be tempted by the temporary trappings of this world, but that they would always be focused on Your business. Help our home to be one of love and acceptance modeled straight from Your heart.


So many great and influential people in my life have come and gone, making permanent imprints on my heart. I firmly believe that God places people in your life, some for a season and some for a lifetime, to change those around them. I am one of those people who has been changed by wonderful men around me.

Thank the men around you who have influenced your life for the better....father or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment