Monday, December 27, 2010

Thoughts for the New Year

As another new year is quickly approaching, I've been thinking about new year's resolutions. I know, I know....who actually keeps them for the whole year? BUT...I have a list of "GOALS" that I want to shoot for this year. Here goes:

1. Making the bed. Our bed rarely gets made. And when it does, chances are, its in the summer or Christmas break or Spring break or any other time when I'm off of school. But it really makes our room look so much nicer when it's made, so I'm going to try and make it more.

2. Cook/Bake more for others. It seems like life gets busier by the moment, but I'm trying to make the effort to cook/bake in bulk, then freeze to have something ready in a moment's notice for a family in need.

3. Do Something! I John 3:18 is our church motto. "Let's not just say we love people, let's show them with our actions."

4. Creating family experiences. I want to make an intentional effort to create experiences as a family. More play, less business. I'm also looking forward to being inventive with our budget friendly outings. It will be interesting I'm sure.

So what about you? Do you have any goals for the new year? I'm curious to see what other people set for themselves and their families. Happy Goal setting!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your goals. I saw where someone called them 6 Week Resolutions...and I thought that was about right! However, I too will be listing my goals soon. Just doesn't seem right to aim at nothing does it?

    Love you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete