Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feeling Indifferent Today?

Last night we went to the Astros game with a group of about 45 from the church. It was great fun, and I'll be sure to post some pictures later, but for right now Sam is with his Memaw which leaves me the opportunity to take the time to post what I'm feeling right now. Like I said, last night we were at the Astros game. When we bought the tickets it was great b/c there was a deal where you buy the tickets and get a voucher for unlimited food and drink for the game. Great, right? Right. So of course we weren't the only church to do that! Some of our group got split up b/c we had sooo many tickets to order so we were with the split up group. At first we didn't notice anything, but then as my "never meet a stranger" husband met some guy, he told us the entire section was all Second Baptist Church satellite campuses and I think just one SS class. The funny thing was half of them didn't know each other. Anyway, as I began listening and watching people interact with their kids (that's what I do these days), I began to think about how it must be nice to leave in the city. Such an exciting life. So many things to do. So close together. Then this morning, I was looking at pictures from my sister about all the different hikes and "adventures" they go on and I began to feel the same way again. I wish we lived somewhere fun like that! That's what I was thinking. But then I realized that I wouldn't trade where we are for anything in the world. Our families are close, close enough to keep Sam for us when we want to go to an Astros game or I need to go to the dr. or something like that. The people that we serve through the church or community are all right next to us. We don't have exciting things to go and do which leaves us more time for "community" within our houses. And me knowing me, chances are, if I was living somewhere with all these things to do....I would still want to stay at home and play with Sam. :) So for a brief moment, I thought the grass looked greener on the other side. Then I thought about maybe calling my mom up to meet for lunch and go shopping or something. I like that much better than having everything under the sun to choose to do each day.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment