Monday, January 25, 2010

Hot Hearts 2010

What a crazy weekend we had! The more I go to "youth events", the more I realize how old I am really getting. Hot Hearts was a lot of fun though. The Lord did amazing things through the speaker and hundreds came to know Christ as their Lord and Savior that night. I had a blast getting to hang out with Jared and be silly. It seems like our life is so "grown up" these days that we don't get to just be crazy silly that much. Does Hot Hearts count as a date night??? Anyway, as I was rocking out to Lincoln Brewster's "Today is the Day" the Lord really began a work in me. The song goes just like the Bible verse: "Today is the Day You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. And I won't worry about tomorrow. I'm trusting in what You say. Today is the day." On Friday night, at Hot Hearts, full of amazing artists and Christians worshipping...yeah I was rejoicing in the day. Hello...it was Friday after 3:30pm of course I was rejoicing. BUT...do I rejoice on Monday morning at 7:40 or the day that Sam gets a stomach virus (which also happened this weekend...yeah not fun). In those moments, on those "kinds of days" do I rejoice then? It's still the day the Lord has made. Another day on this Earth means another day that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for my life. Am I really using that day to further the Gospel. After the amazing worship, the speaker really preached the Word and gave a "no fuss, no glamor" invitation. Lights on, people looking...no stalling. Hundreds came from the tops of the arena to the floor to invite the Lord into their life. As I look over I see this kid step out into the aisle and I recognize him. He was a kid that I tutored when I taught in fourth grade. He had some learning disablilities, speech problems which resulted in a very nasally voice, and AWFUL handwriting. But I wondered this...if each person had a timeline of events that took place before they became a Christian would I even be a blip on this kids timeline? Do I take advantage of the opportunities set before me? Did that kid ever see even a glimpse of Jesus in me?

So today, use each day to the fullest. You are where you are for a purpose. If you left, would there be a whole in someone's life. Would there be a void that somone else would need to fill? Or would you just be forgotten. Make a difference, today and everyday. You never know when God could call you somewhere else or even take you to be with Him in glory.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment