Friday, November 13, 2009

26 Days of Thanks...what day am I on????

While I keep losing track of what day I'm on...I am still thanking God for something everyday. Today I'm thankful that death is not the end but the beginning. A precious 92 year old lady that was a faithful member of our church passed away this week. Her visitation is tonight and the funeral will be tomorrow. As I drove to school thinking about her this morning, I rejoiced that she is worshipping Jesus forever now. Her sickly body is no more. She is able to do things she hasn't been able to do in so long. You know people always say, "She lived a full life." Well, she did, but the eternity that she will spend with God is way better than the "full life" that she lived here on earth. I'm so thankful that we don't just live and die...blah blah blah. It's more than that. We live. Our earthly bodies may die but we live on for eternity.

I know a lot of people read this blog. Friends, family, even coworkers of my parents! So I can't pass up the opportunity to ask you. If you were to die today, would you spend forever with God? The Bible says that we all have sinned and the punishment for sin is death, but God loved us so much that He sent His Son Jesus to take that punishment for us. By believing in Him we can have eternal life with God. One day, we're all going to die and we will stand before the Lord. Maybe He'll ask, "Why should I let you in?" What are you going to say??? Because I got baptized when I was a baby? Because I went to church every Sunday? Because my grandpa was a deacon? Because I'm a good person? None of those answers will get you in. Trusting in Jesus Christ as Your Saviour (He is the one who saved you from the punishment of death) and letting Him be Lord of your life (that means He gets control...not you!) That's the answer that will get you "in". I pray that you have a personal relationship with the Lord and that it's more than just getting to go to heaven when you die. God is worthy of so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment