Monday, September 28, 2009

Your Faith: Compartmentalized or Complete?


The past several weeks Jared has been preaching a sermon series challenging us to evaluate what kind of faith we have. Last weeks sermon was titled Your faith: convenient or consistent? Yesterday's sermon was titled Your faith: compartmentalized or complete? Just like a waffle has different compartments sometimes we put our faith in the same arena. I'm afraid I'm guilty of this myself. Sometimes I'm only willing to give the Lord certain areas of my life. But the real convicting part of the whole sermon was boiled down into this one statement: "If you want God to bless ______, then you have to be willing to give God ________." We can't hold back parts of our lives from God. When God saved you and I, He saved us completely. Not just the cleaned up, Sunday morning best part. EVERY part. Since getting our hospital bills then having to get my wisdom teeth taken out and not being at work for the last 6 weeks, I've really been stressed out about our finances. But the Lord really showed me that I wasn't giving Him control. I was trying to figure things out on my own instead of trusting that God would provide. He does and He did.

Whatever is going on in your life, ask yourself the same thing. Am I giving this area to God or am I holding onto it for myself. God saved you through and through. I pray that would be an encouragement to you today.

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Very encouraging again today. Aaron and I loved yesterday's sermon. The whole series has been great but yesterday we decided there are things we are not putting in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz for posting that! I've been dealing with the same issues lately. You're such an encouragement! ;)

    ReplyDelete