Sunday, July 26, 2009

Points of interest

I don't really have much time to blog before church so I thought I'd save time by updating what's going on in a list format. For all who know me at all, I am queen of lists. They are GREAT!

1. Our friends Leslie and Justin are married. We couldn't be happier. What a beautiful wedding and beautiful couple. Jared and I both agreed that we haven't been that genuinely giddy for a couple getting married in a long time.

2. Doctor's appt. this Tuesday. I'm praying Sam is getting "ready". I know I sure am. I really am starting to waddle and feel like a whale, even though nice people have told me otherwise.

3. Through Jared's sermons on trusting in God, plus the book we're going through in Sunday School (The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley) I'm starting to realize how much self examination is needed to get through this thing called life. Stop and Think is what comes to mind. I'm not usually a reader...I know I know, but I can't help it. Even for all you non reading folks the book is great. We are reading a chapter a week...even I can handle that. Anyway, God has been teaching me that it's important not to just drift through life. Before you know it, you could end up on a path that you will regret. Stop and think about your decisions before that happens so that you're not living with regret....that's a hard thing to do.

4. Half of my family is on vacation...without me. Boo. We will so be there next year, with Sam. Can't wait for that. Frio River 2010 here we come!

5. The power of prayer is AMAZING! There have been several people and situations that I have been praying for specifically that I have seen God answer. It has been so awesome to hear how God is healing, providing, encouraging, whatever...in their lives. God is truly doing a work at Peachtree Baptist Church.

6. The devil is real. Even though God is doing all this work in my life and in the lives of people at Peachtree, Satan is still trying to attack. I'm praying that he would not have a foothold in the lives of God's people.

7. I get my class list and schedule this week. I'm not looking forward to getting back into school mode so quickly. I have to b/c a sub will be starting off the school year instead of me. It will all work out though. I'm confident of that.

Hope that hit some key points that are going on in the lives of the Hollier's thus far. We will certainly update after the doctors appointment on Tuesday.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment